MESSAGE FROM SHERIFF
Scott A. Stephenson
Service to the public is the core foundation of the Alcona County Sheriff's Office. We are driven to foster a sense of security for the citizens of Alcona County, enhance the quality of life, investigate incidents, and seek solutions. We nurture public trust and hold ourselves to the highest standards of integrity, performance and ethics.
Alcona County Sheriff’s Office – Service Changes
Beginning May 28th, 2020
The Sheriff’s Office Lobby will be open to the public effective May 28th. While in the lobby, visitors are required to wear face coverings or masks and to maintain physical distancing of six feet from all others not from your household. Citizens are encouraged to call the Sheriff’s Office (989-724-6271) prior to visiting the lobby to determine if the requested service can be handled remotely.
Other Sheriff’s Office Status:
- Jail Visitation – On Site visits are suspended until further notice. Video visits are available by appointment only.
- Preliminary Breath Tests and Drug Tests– Suspended until further notice.
- Fingerprinting – CPL and Employment Applicant – by appointment only M-F (8:00am to 4:00pm).
- Pistol Sales Records – Mail to Sheriff’s Office or drop in our mail box outside of lobby.
- Pistol Purchase Permits – Available in Sheriff’s Office Lobby.
- Bonds – Bond can be posted in the lobby of the Sheriff’s Office 24/7.
- Police Reports – available by phone, email, or in Sheriff’s Office Lobby.